Rivers may be blown out, but lake fishing is really picking up! If you have been out enjoying the warm weather and too busy to check fishing conditions, no worries, we have them for you right here. In fact if you missed last weeks show, you can listen to that too, just click here.
May 24th Fishing Summaries
- Bobby Culp Montana Outdoor Radio Show Contributor reports says the walleye bite is on at Canyon Ferry Lake.
- Bob Park Manager for Tongue River State Park and Rosebud Battlefield says the croppie bite is starting to pick up. Folks running them in 6 inches up to 12 inches and been limiting out.
- Chancy at Snappy’s says the kokanee action is hot with lots of reports out of Middle Thompson, Ashley Lake, and BitterrootLake.
- Dale from Don’s in Lewistown says the fishing is hot and Spring Creek has a good steady blue wing hatch for rainbows going on.
- Dallas at Highline Cleaners in Chester says the water levels are rising on Tiber and fishing below the dam is a good place to go below the spillway.
- Leonard from Robert’s Bait and Tackle says Francis, Tiber, and Fresno have a really good walleye bite going on right now, but Holter is a bit slow with the run off cooling down the water temperatures.
- Linda at Rock Creek Marina says fishing’s picking up & an area fisherman reported catching a 28 ½ inch walleye.
- Mary Beth Kibler of Kibler Outfitting says fishing on Ft Peck has been great and a 31 inch walleye was netted Friday. Anyone looking to book a Summer fishing trip call Kibler Outfitting at 406-557-2503.
- Ron Aashiem says cautions us around the water with the rivers and streams running high. June 2nd is the deadline for deer & elk B licenses, and antelope regular and B licenses. To get more information go online to www.fwp.mt.gov.
- Shelby from Rocky Mountain Supply in Dillon says the Big Hole is still running high but is fishing okay. Beaverhead is doing well and Clark Canyon Reservoir is doing phenomenal trolling for trout.
- Todd Young Co-Chair of the MT Walleye Governors Cup reports from Glasgow, You can still register for the Walleye Governor’s Cup Tournament at www.montanagovcup.com to print the form out or call Glasgow Camber of Commerce at 406-228-2222.
Top Stories from This Week:
Walleye Bite is Red Hot on Canyon Ferry…here.
Here is One Reason You Should Not Trespass When You’re Hunting…here.
It’s Raining Perch on Flathead Lake…here.
The Captain and Crew Found the Action at Lake Mary Ronan…here.
Congratulations to this week’s trivia winners Barry Boyce of Cut Bank and Larry Wright of Ft Benton. Keep listening for your chance to win just like Montana Club gift card winner Scott Arnold of Stevensville, MT.