Temperatures are heating up around Montana this week, and so is the fishing! Hopefully you have been able to get out and enjoy one of the many rivers and lakes. I spent some time up at Flathead and was able to snap this aerial view of Nine Pipe National Wildlife Refuge ! If you have been too busy spending time outdoors to keep up with Montana Outdoor Radio, don’t worry we have all the best stories from www.montanaoutdoor.com this week, and a highlights from Saturday’s show.
Aerial view of Nine Pipe photo: Alyson Booher
Here are all the best stories from this week:
Fort Peck Gave it up Yesterday!…see story here.
Anglers in North Dakota Found With 100 Walleye Over Limit…see story here.
Fish Get Stocked in Lakes From Airplane…see video here.
Aerial View of Boeing Train Wreck On Clark Fork River…see photos here.
Deadline to Comment on Proposed Wolf Stamp is July 25th…see details here.
July 12th Summaries
- Bill Brown at Bob Wards says the fishing down the Bitterroot is getting better and better. In the Missoula area Swan Lake is doing well on Northerns.
- Big Wheel Bobby Culp reports from Canyon Ferry Lake and says the fishing’s been pretty good.
- Carol Hinkle from Camp Make Dream gave details for Walleye Tournament August 2nd at Canyon Ferry click here for more information.
- Chancy at Snappy’s says the rivers are looking a lot better, and fly fishing is shaping up nicely.
- Dallas at Highline Cleaners in Chester says Tiber Dam has been doing well despite skunking 1 time.
- John Harris from Lakeside Resort in Trout Creek says the shore fishing has been great on the Reservoir.
- Leonard from Roberts Bait and Tackle says Holter is still a good morning & night bite.
- Pat from the Great Falls Walleye Fishing Club reports on the 14th Annual Camp Walleye August 15th-17th. For more information go to www.nmsfishing club.com
- Ron Aashiem says if you want to apply for a late or damaged game hunt, you need to apply by July 18th. To get more information go online to www.fwp.mt.gov.
- Ruth Ann North at Tiber Marina says the fishing has been good for Northern & Walleye especially in the morning. And reminds us of the Tiber Walleye Tournament is July 24th & 25th.
- Ryan from Bob Wards says in the Bozeman area the insects are out and on top of the food pyramid for area fish. In Helena, fly fishing is picking up for a variety of dry fly styles.
- Shelby from Rocky Mountain Supply in Dillon says if it’s water, the fishing is hot.
- Sharon from the Silo’s RV says fishing Canyon Ferry Reservoir is great. For more info call 406-266-3100.
- Tammy from Northwest Sports in Eureka says Lake Kookanusa is picking up.
- Todd Young Co-Chair of The MT Walleye Governors Cup says the tournament is on and there were weather challenging on Friday, but there were still good numbers just not any really big fish.
Congratulations to this weeks trivia winners Connie Manning of Great Falls, and Jordan Hofer of Galata. Keep listening for your chance to win, just like Connie Rollins of Hamilton, who was the Montana Club Gift Card winner this week!