Donate Hunting Licenses To Disabled Vets, Armed Forces Members
By angelamontana

Posted: October 20, 2015

A Montana law allows residents and nonresidents to donate their hunting license to a disabled military veteran or disabled active duty service member.

The disabled veteran or active duty armed forces member must be working with an organization that uses hunting as part of the rehabilitation process.

While one cannot choose the organization to receive a donated license, the disabled veteran or armed forces member who receives the license will be a Purple Heart recipient and have a 70 percent or greater disability rating.

Each license must be donated or surrendered before the beginning of the hunting season. One cannot repurchase the same license again during the license year.

For more information on the program, visit FWP’s website at Click Donate Hunting Licenses to Vets.

(Report via Montana FWP; Feature photo via

New Podcast!