The Flathead Avalanche Center in Hungry Horse has issued a BACKCOUNTRY AVALANCHE WATCH for the following areas:
NWS Missoula MT – MTC 029 (Flathead County)…MTC 047 (Lake County)…MTC 053 (Lincoln County)
* WHAT…The avalanche danger may rise to HIGH across several zones by tomorrow.
* WHERE…The Whitefish Range, Swan Range, Flathead Range, and Glacier National Park.
* WHEN…In effect from Tue 06:05 MST to Wed 06:05 MST.
* IMPACTS…Heavy, wet snow, blowing snow, and rain on snow may overload the snow surface and buried weak layers resulting in widespread areas of unstable snow and natural avalanches.
* PRECAUTIONARY / PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS…Very dangerous avalanche conditions are expected to develop. Travel in avalanche terrain will become increasingly dangerous. Avalanches may run long distances and entrain wet snow at lower elevations as more rain and snow fall.
Consult http://www.flatheadavalanche.org/ or www.avalanche.org for more detailed information.
Similar avalanche danger may exist at locations outside the coverage area of this or any avalanche center.