The Flathead Avalanche Center in Hungry Horse has issued a BACKCOUNTRY AVALANCHE WARNING for the following areas: NWS Missoula MT – MTC 029 (Flathead County)…MTC 053 (Lincoln County)
* WHAT…The avalanche danger for the warning area is high today. Very dangerous avalanche conditions exist.
* WHERE…The Whitefish Range, Flathead Range, and Glacier National Park.
* WHEN…In effect from Sun 07:00 MST to Mon 07:00 MST.
* IMPACTS…Wet, dense snow and blowing snow is overloading the dry, soft surface snow resulting in dangerous avalanche conditions.
* PRECAUTIONARY / PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS…Very dangerous avalanche conditions. Traveling in and below avalanche terrain is not recommended. Avalanches may run long distances.
Consult http://www.flatheadavalanche.org/ or www.avalanche.org for more detailed information.
Similar avalanche danger may exist at locations outside the coverage area of this or any avalanche center.
Never underestimate the persistence of a feline
How to Retrieve Spud Bar in Lake
Winter Trails Day comes to Great Falls
By Moosetrack Megan
Gallatin SAR responds to 2 injured snowmobilers
By Montana Grant
WHAT’S UP DOC?
Missoula Resource Advisory Committee Accepting Project Proposals for 2022
Flathead National Forest seeks input
Ice Ice Baby – Listen to Last Weeks Show 1/22/22
By Kamp Cook
Montana Fishing Reports for 1/22/22
HONEST FISH TAILS!!!
Man vs. Bear [VIDEO]
Muskrat vs. Man [VIDEO]
Nelson Reservoir Northern through the Ice
Flood Risk and Safety in Montana
By Krawdaddy Jones
Jumbo Fort Peck Laker through Ice [VIDEO]
Deadline to comment on hunting regulation proposals is Jan. 21
Pablo Reservoir Fishing Report by Joe Frank
With almost two months remaining, wolf harvest on par with past seasons
AIR FRIED PUPPIES!!!
Brett French reports: Crazy Mountain trail dispute gets day in court
Jigging up Fort Peck Lakers
Four spring hunter education classes set for Yellowstone County