MISSOULA – Hunting regulation proposals for the 2022/2023 seasons were approved for public comment by the Montana Fish and Wildlife Commission last week and are now out for review and comment online through January 14, 2022. Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks will hold public meetings throughout the state to provide information and answer questions.
Montana hunting season regulations are adopted biennially for most game species. Review the proposals and comment online at fwp.mt.gov/regproposals.Comments can be submitted at the same spot through January 14 or by email to email@example.com.
This is a second phase of season setting for the 2022/2023 hunting regulation proposals. Earlier this fall in an effort to simplify regulations, FWP biologists offered proposals that combined some hunting districts, reduced some license and permit types, and eliminated hunting district portions. FWP staff held informational meetings around the state, and the public was invited to submit comments on those initial proposals. FWP adjusted proposals based on public comment and presented them to the commission at their December 14 meeting.
These draft regulations, approved by the commission last week, are now out for review and comment. FWP will hold public meetings between now and January 13 to provide information and take questions. Comments should be submitted online or by email.
In west-central Montana (Region 2), FWP will host seven meetings:
- Jan. 4 (6pm): Drummond Community Hall (52 East Broad St.)
- Jan. 5 (6pm): Lincoln Lambkins Café (460 Main St.)
- Jan. 6 (6pm): Hamilton Bitterroot River Inn (139 Bitterroot Plaza Dr)
- Jan. 10 (6pm): Ovando School gym (108 Birch St.)
- Jan. 11 (7pm): Superior High School Multi-purpose room (410 Arizona Ave.)
- Jan. 12 (6pm): Anaconda Metcalf Center (115 Pennsylvania)
- Jan. 13 (6pm): Online meeting, hosted by FWP and the R2 Citizen Advisory Committee (Login information will be available the week of the meeting at: fwp.mt.gov/aboutfwp/public-comment-opportunities/reg-proposals/meetings)
The commission will make a final decision on the 2022/2023 hunting regulations at its meeting in February.