Grilling new things is always fun. Cabbages, Romaine lettuce, Brussel sprouts, green beans, and asparagus are wonderful, and healthy off the grill. You can improvise with all types of extras, like cheese, or bacon bits, balsamic oils, or…
My goal, on the grill, is to create and serve an entire meal off the grill. Grilled greens, like cabbages, are a different way to serve salad!
This recipe works well at home in the oven, on a grill, or over a campfire grate.
1 head of cabbage
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Same temperature on a grill.
- Cut cabbage into 1inch thick steaks and arrange on a baking sheet/ or a baking silicon mat.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper. I also use Old Bay seasoning.
- Brush the olive oil mixture onto each side of the cabbage steaks.
- Bake / grill for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cabbage is golden and tender.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
This is a great diet meal. Only a few hundred calories. Adding bacon or sour cream ups the calories but is so darn good.