Recreationists are being warned of a harmful algal bloom found at Ackley Lake State Park near Hobson. The presence of blue-green algae was confirmed on Thursday, August 18, 2022.
“Suspect a HAB? When in doubt, stay out. Avoid exposure to any water that may contain harmful algae. Be especially vigilant with children, pets, and livestock. Direct contact, ingestion, or inhalation of cyanotoxins may irritate the skin, eyes, nose and respiratory system or cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or headaches. If you suspect a HAB-related illness in a person or animal, call Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222 and seek medical attention,” the local health department warns.