With another Paddlefish Season coming up this July 1st we thought you should be prepared on how to handle all that fish meat.
Paddlefish Stew with Bacon
What You Need
- one pound raw cubed paddlefish
- three bacon slices, chopped
- one onion, thinly sliced
- one sixteen ounce can whole potatoes, drained and halved
- eighth teaspoon thyme leaves
- fourth cup ketchup
- one teaspoon Worcestershire
- fourth teaspoon pepper
- one sixteen ounce can tomatoes
What You Do
In a two-quart saucepan over medium heat, cook bacon until just limp; add onion and cook until onion is browned. Stir in potatoes, tomatoes with their liquid, ketchup, Worcestershire, pepper and thyme. Cook five minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add fish and cook about 10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, stirring often. Makes four servings.
Here are some other Paddlefish Recipes
for information on Paddlefish, Paddlefishing Regulations, and Paddlefish Season coming up July 1st!