What To Do When you Catch a Montana State Record Fish
By Hookemharry

Posted: September 8, 2012

It is not official according to Mike Ruggles from FWP but he said in a interview with the Captain during the Montana Outdoor Radio Show that  Leo Cantin just has to finish up on the paper work and it has to arrive at FWP offices in Helena.

Mike Ruggles, FWP Talks about the possible new State Record Muskie and what to do when you catch a record fish:

Listen to the audio from the radio show, and find out what you have to do when you catch a state record fish.

What to do when you catch a Montana State Record Fish

  1. To make sure the fish does not loose any weight, keep it in a cool place but DO NOT freeze it.
  2. Take a picture of the fish with a camera
  3. Use a certified scale to weigh the fish. (typically found in grocery stores, hardware stores, etc.) Then get an affadavit from the store stating the weight of the fish.
  4. Contact your nearest Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks Office
  5. Fill out the Fish Record Form and send it to:

Beth Giddings
Fisheries Bureau
Montana Fish, Wildlife & Park
PO Box 200701
Helena, MT 59620-0701

[button color=”orange” link=”https://www.montanaoutdoor.com/montana-fishing-reports/montana-fishing-records/” target=””]View all Montana State Record Fish[/button]

New Podcast!

Riley's Meats - Butte Wild Game Processing