It’s amazing how another year of Montana tournament fishing is done! Fall Classic was once again a lot of fun in a remote and beautiful part of our great State. This tournament took place on Fourchett Bay, out of Fort Peck Reservoir, on August 10-11th. Forty-four teams competed.
The bite turned tough due to 2 to 4 inches of rain the weekend before the event and 7 days of East winds, but even with the bite on the tough side, seems everyone had a good time. The tournament had 45 teams and we paid out 12 places. Fall Classic also paid out an additional $1,250.00 to the top Adult/Child, Mixed Couples, Top Dinasour, largest Smallmouth bass, Most Species, closest to 5lbs, and highest placing other boat and with the huge amount of Circuit prizes and local sponsorships, the odds of walking away with something at the Fall Classic was very good!
- The top team of Steve Thomas and Ray Cole won the tournament Cranking in the Narrow’s, Awesome job guys!
- Top Adult/Child team was the 2nd Place team of Andy and Breyden Rose
- Top Mixed Couples was the team of Gordon and Tanya Matson
- Top Dinosaur was Dick Wunderlich
- Cool Under Pressure went to Travis Scott and Kennie Williams
- Largest Walleye of the tournament and largest Walleye released on the circuit went to Bob Hickey and Jason Mundel, a 33 inch hog!
Tons of other prizes and other awards were paid out through the weekend.
(Written by the Captain; Cover photo: oakgalleryandframe.com)