Have some elk meat that you’re looking to use? LOOK NO MORE! This recipe by justapinch.com will definitely tickle the tastebuds of even the pickiest eaters in your family! I substituted the elk meat in this, and it is great!! Check it out:
- 3 lb elk hamburger
- 2 c bbq sauce
- 2 tsp granulated garic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp mrs. dash original
- salt, opt.
- 1/2 c onions, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 c crushed cracker crumbs
- 4-8 slice paper thin ham (depends on size of ham)
- 2 – 3 c prepared mac & cheese (I would suggest velveeta shells & cheese)
- 8 slice bacon, cut in half
1. Prepare your favorite mac and cheese recipe. Let cool.
3. Mix meat, spices and 1 c. bbq sauce together with 2 eggs and 1 c. crushed crackers. Pat down into a rectange shape. Place ham slices on leaving about 2 inches around all sides.
4. Place mac & cheese in center of ham. Using foil as a tool, roll up into a log. Seal ends.
5. Using the foil, left and place on a bakers rack or in a pan. Brush outside of meatloaf with bbq sauce.
6. Place bacon halves on top of loaf. Place a pc. of foil loosely on top and bake for one hr. check temp with meat thememoter, cook a few minutes longer is needed.