Hunting is a Bargain for NonResident College Students
By Kamp Cook

Posted: August 22, 2014

The school year is about to begin and the students are all funnneling into the state. The FWP understands why out of state students choose to come to Montana schools. It is so they can enjoy the great outdoors. That is why they have a deal for out of state students.

A discount on Montana’s big game combination license will be available beginning Sept. 9 for nonresident college students to hunt in Montana.
Qualifying students may purchase the $70 big game combination license at any Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks regional office or the Helena headquarters office.
The big game combination license includes conservation, fishing, upland game bird, and general deer and elk licenses.
Students eligible for the discount include:
• nonresident full-time students taking 12 credits or more at postsecondary institutions in Montana,
• nonresident students who are former Montana high school graduates now enrolled full-time at out-of-state postsecondary institutions and who have a parent that is a Montana resident.
The nonresident student must present a valid student identification card and an enrollment verification form from their school showing they are full-time students.
Former residents who are now full-time students at out-of-state colleges must present a valid student identification card, current enrollment verification form, a parent’s Montana FWP ALS number and a copy of their Montana high school diploma or General Education Development degree.
A $10 hunting access enhancement fee—and proof they have passed hunter education instruction in Montana or another state—are also required.
For more information on this license call 406-444-2950. For information on hunting in Montana, go to the Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks website at, and then click on “Hunting.”

New Podcast!

Riley's Meats - Butte Wild Game Processing