Donate a hunting license to disabled veterans armed forces members
By angelamontana

Posted: October 17, 2018

Montana law allows residents and nonresidents to donate their hunting license and or special permit to a disabled military veteran or disabled active duty service member.

The disabled veteran or active armed forces member must be working with an organization that uses hunting as part of the rehabilitation process.

While one cannot choose the organization to receive a donated license, the disabled veteran or armed forces member who receives the license will be a Purple Heart recipient and have a 70 percent or greater disability rating.

Each license must be donated or surrendered before the beginning of the general hunting season. The deadline to donate your license is Oct. 19 at a FWP office or postmarked by Oct. 19. One cannot repurchase the same license again during the license year.

For more information on the program, visit FWP’s website at Click Disabled Veterans Hunt License Donation.

(via MT FWP)

New Podcast!

Riley's Meats - Butte Wild Game Processing