The Great Rockies Sportshow in Billings is the largest presentation of fishing, hunting and outdoor products/services in Southwest Montana
Three days of summer fun in January? That’s what’s happening in Billings. The Great Rockies Sportshow returns in 2019 with more fun and adventure than ever before. The annual three-day event is the largest presentation of fishing, hunting, travel and outdoor products in Montana. Not only can visitors buy outdoor-related products they can also book their next vacation to Alaska, Canada or African. Door prizes all weekend long.
Highlighting the weekend’s entertainment is live music by the Ruby Valley Boys on Saturday and Sunday.
Want to go camping this year? Buy a new boat? Don’ miss all the boats and RVs on display at the show featuring Billings RV, Townsend Marine, Wallace Marine, Whitefish Marine, Western Trailer & Marine.
More fun kids activities include the Kids catch and release Trout Pond, Yankee Joe’s Gemstone & Fossil Mining, Kids Corner, courtesy of Montana Trappers Association (kids corner, trackID/stamping, color/activity book giveaway, hands on pelt display).
Learning is a fun part of the show and seminars are going on all day long. Seminars include:
- Horse/Mule Packing….. Bob Hoverson & Beartooth Backcountry Horsemen
- Art of Backyard Butchering….. Chef Albert Wutsch
- Hunting Mature Trophy Bull Elkon Public Lands….. Ben & Tim Schmidt
- Spring Turkey Hunting….. Montana Grant
- How to De-Bone Pike….. Clay Buckmiller & Montana Pikemasters
- Ice Fishing: Strategies….. Captain Eddie White
- Flyfishing Insights Based on 40 Years of Guiding Fishermen. ….. Bob Krumm
- Catfishing Success. Location or Bait? ….. Brady Flatten/MT Catfish Assoc.
- Secrets of Wildlife Photoraphy….. Arnie Gidlow
- Cranking Walleyes Under the Big Sky….. Scott Collingsworth/Fort Peck Marina
- Jigging Montana Walleyes….. Jason Mundell
- The Art of Coooking Venison….. Chef Albert Wutsch
- Walleye Tips and Tricks for Success….. Pat Slater
- Fishing for Salmon at Ft Peck Reservoir….. Jason Mundell
- Dutch Oven Cooking Done Four Easy Ways….. Colleen Sloan
Seminar times can be found online at https://www.GreatRockiesShow.com
January 18, 19, 20, 2019
Friday 12:00 – 7:00
Saturday 10:00 – 6:00
Sunday 10:00 – 4:00
FREE! For kids 16 & under (with paying adult),
Regular price is $5.00
What to See & Do:
– Book your next vacation to Alaska, Canada, Africa
– Buy a new BOAT, RV, ATV
*NEW! LIVE music on Saturday Sunday by the Ruby Valley Boys.
– Yankee Joe’s Gemstone & Fossil Mine. Mine for gems and fossils and keep what you find!
– Outdoor Writer’s Association National Photo Contest Winning Entries Exhibit
– Kids Trout Pond
– Wall of Fish
– Fly Casting Demos
– Fishing & Hunting Seminars
– Kids Corner – sponsored by Montana Trappers Association
Plus a world of Outdoor Products and Services available such as:
*Hunting and fishing guides and outfitters
*Fishing tackle and products
*Pop Up truck campers
* and so much more…