Winter is rolling around and we prepare for holiday dinners, time with family, and delicious home cooked meals. The most exciting element of this time, obviously, is hunting season. Deer that is! Once you’ve bagged your buck, you’re gonna need a delicious way to cook and eat your bounty! Follow this quick and easy Marinated Venison recipe, provided by the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation.
Let’s talk ingredients first, here’s a list of everything you’ll need for this recipe!
- 1 ½ cups extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 ½ teaspoons roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 ¼ teaspoons kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, plus more as needed
- 2 pounds venison loin or leg, cut into 6 steaks
Now we can get into the preparation and execution of this fine dish!
Step 1: take everything on that ingredient list, except your deer meat, and combine it in a bowl.
Step 2: submerge your venison into this tasty marinade, plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours but no more than 12!
Step 3: However you’re cooking your meat, preheat that puppy. Remove the venison from its marinade bath and apply salt and pepper, as well as any other seasoning desired. You’re going to want to evenly cook your venison slices until the middle is 130-140*. It should be just slightly pink on the inside.
Step 4: take a trip to flavor central and enjoy your wild game feast!