Free the Seeds returns to Flathead Valley Community College on Saturday, March 4, 2023, for
an eighth year of interactive workshops, activities, seed sharing and more. The organization that
runs the event, Land to Hand MT, expects more than 1,000 people to attend this free fair, which
runs 9am to 3pm in the FVCC Arts & Technology Building. Our theme this year is Cultivating
This year’s event will offer:
● 25 educational workshops by local experts, including live demonstrations in seed
starting, saving seeds, beekeeping, backyard animals, and a community conversation
about the future of Climate Smart Glacier Country.
● 4 workshops will be taught in person as well as broadcast over Zoom. Registration links
can be found at landtohandmt.org
● OPI accreditation for K-12 teachers
● 4 of the workshops are catered towards kids ages 8 -12 and include cooking lessons,
knife skills, and seed cleaning!
● 20+ booths where attendees can learn about organizations and businesses that support
our community food system, conserve our natural resources and promote sustainability.
● A seed swap with thousands of packets of seeds available.
● Question and Answer Sessions – with Alissa from Dirt Rich Compost, expert in home
composting and soil ecology and Todd Uizilo from Two Bear Farm, expert in growing
vegetables in the Flathead Valley and steward of sustainable farming practices.
● Food and beverages available for purchase from Azul Coffee and The Dancing Burro food
Free the Seeds is an annual community-powered event focused on real seeds, real food and real
skills. This year’s fair focuses on cultivating community through our local food system. Topics
include herbal salves, soil health, floriculture, fermented food, clean energy alternatives, and
Over the last 7 years, more than 9,000 people have attended this free daylong fair. Upward of
85,000 packets of non-GMO, open-pollinated seeds have been given away, with about
two-thirds collected locally and packed by local volunteers.
Free the Seeds is a program of the nonprofit Land to Hand MT and has a mission of building a
sustainable and resilient future through real seeds, real food, and real skills. To follow along
with Free the Seeds related news, check out Land to Hand’s website and social media pages:
landtohandmt.org, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
For more information or to volunteer, contact organizers at email@example.com or