The MORS crew just received an e-mail from Gene Fincher, saying that he has changed the dates for the Great Montana Mack Attack. This years, Derby will be combining with the Whitefish Jig Fest, later on in August. This is what Finchers e-mail had to say:
“We have changed the date for the Great Montana Mac Attack to August 25 and 26 and we are including the Whitefish Jig Fest into one tournament. This will be held out of Vista Linda in Somers, Montana. Next year it will be, as always, on the first weekend in August with the two tournaments combined.”
This years Great Montana Mack Attack was scheduled to be held August 4 and 5th. For more information call Gene Fincher at (406) 261-6445.
To determine the winners of the tournament:
- Lake Trout – largest one over 36″, participants must call in and verify their largest fish before they bring it in.
- Five places for Lake Trout 28″ and under by weight of one fish.
- For Lake Trout 26″ and under, the participants receive a lottery ticket for every fish they bring in. The more fish, the more chances of winning. We will draw for first, second and third place money.
- One place for the largest Northern Pike Minnow.
- Whitefish – five places based on the largest of one fish. If we have lots of participants we will pay up to 10 places in the Whitefish category.
As always we will have thousands of dollars in door prizes to give away to registered participants.
The tournament runs from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. each day.
Once we get enough Lake Trout for the fish fry we will stop taking fish, but we will continue to weigh them. As usual the fish fry will be fantastic as Mark and Alice will be preparing it once again.
There will be free camping to those that want to stay at the Vista Linda.”
You can purchase tickets at these outlets: Snappy’s Sport Senter, The Happy Hooker at (406)261-6445, or at Vista Linda in Somers.