Happy Easter from all of us at the Montana Outdoor Radio Show! If you have been outside enjoying Spring weather and couldn’t log on, don’t worry, we have all the best stories from this week on www.montanaoutdoor.com right here:
Photography at its Finest-Part 1: The Best of the Best…see pictures here.
Bear Hunting Close Call…read more here.
2014 Canyon Ferry Reservoir Spring Survey Update…see story here.
Airplane Tows Skier up a Mountain…see video here.
If you are headed out to go fishing, be sure to check our April 19th Fishing Summaries:
- Bill Brown at Bob Wards says April 15th was the start of turkey season, Woodside and Tucker Crossings are closed. Harper’s Lake is open, Salmon Lake is open.
- Bill at Rock Creek Marina says the ice is clearing up, but it’s really slow right now.
- Chancy at Snappy’s says most of the area lakes are open, and Echo Lake has been fishing pretty good.
- Charlie from Don’s in Lewistown says fishing the area ponds is producing, and there is a soft bite on the Missouri for walleye, sauger, and catfish.
- Dallas at Highline Cleaners in Chester says the ice is off the lake and the river below Tiber dam are clear.
- Gene Moore says the ice finally broke and moved down the Dry Arm.
- John Harris from Lakeside Resort in Trout Creek says shore fishing is the 1st day of the Tournament.
- Leonard from Robert’s Bait and Tackle says Holter Dam is all open, and below the dam they are doing better.
- Mary Beth Kibler of Kibler Outfitting says is warm is holpthe ice to finish melting off Ft Peck. To book your Summer fishing trip call Kibler Outfitting at 406-557-2503.
- Rob from Ronan Sports & Western says Yellow Perch are starting to bite in the East Bay of Flathead Lake.
- Ryan from Bob Wards says in the Bozeman & Butte areas use nymphs and switch it up to dry flies, midges, and small stone flies. In Helena Canyon Ferry Lake is doing well.
- Tammy from Northwest Sports in Eureka says they have lost the ice on most of the area lakes.
This Weeks Winners:
Trivia winners Greg Sadoski of Dillon and Scott Arnold of Stevensville! Keep listening for your chance to win, just like Cory Nett from Billings who was our Montana Club gift card winner this week.