Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing, Inc. is dedicated to the physical and emotional rehabilitation of disabled active military service personnel and disabled veterans through fly fishing and associated activities including education and outings.
Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing (PHWFF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization incorporated in the State of Maryland. PHWFF receives no government funding and is dependent on tax-deductible, charitable donations and the help of numerous volunteers to meet the educational, equipment, transportation, and related needs of its participants.
Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing, Inc. strives to effectively serve the deserving past and present members of our armed forces who have made great sacrifices in the service of our nation.
Starting a Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing Program
PHWFF will help you through the start-up process and beyond, but here are the basic steps involved in starting a program.
- Contact the Regional Coordinator for your area who will provide you with the Program Guide and other documents related to getting started, as well as contact information, support and advice. A list of Regional Coordinators is available on the Contact Us page.
- Confirm that your fishing club is willing to supply the volunteers.
- Sign the Memorandum of Agreement to become part of the national organization.
- Educate yourselves about Project Healing Waters so that you can make an effective presentation to the military or VA hospital/facility in your area.
- Once they agree to host it, you next recruit participants and agree on a mutually acceptable schedule of classes and events.
For more information visit : www.projecthealingwaters.org