Northwest Montana Fishing Report: From Chancy at Snappys 2/20/2012
By Matt Schauer
Chancy at Snappys in Kalispell says, the ice is holding up on some area lakes.
- Flathead Lake has open water and is fishing well from West Shore State Park to Painted Rocks (6 – 15 pound class). A lot of guys are jigging in 130 feet of water.
- Bigfork is good for macks and occasional brook trout.
- Anglers have been doing pretty good at Middle Thompson Lake in about 50 feet of water.
- Perch on the Upper Thompson in the 8 to 10 inch range looks good.
- Lake Mary Ronan’s night bite has been good in the 12 to 15 foot range.
- Rainbows on Duck Lake 14 to 18 inches with a few big ones out of Mission and Minton.