Keith Kubista, The President of Montana Sportsmen for Fish & Wildlife, is looking for your support on the new wolf hunting proposal. The choice is yours, if you support it or are against it, FWP would like to hear your opinion.
Below is Kubista’s Call to Action:
There is going to be a lot opposition to the proposed FWP wolf hunting season for this year. From what I am hearing if a lot public comment doesn’t come forward the FWP Commission might vote to alter or change the proposal. We need get everyone we know to support the proposal, if not we stand the chance of losing our ability to bring wolf numbers into a balance or lose our wolf hunting season all together. If you can attend any of the following meetings great, but at the very least you and everyone you know need to submit either a written comment or online comment. Don’t count on someone else to carry the water on this important issue!
We need you to do two things with respect to WOLVES:
- Attend the meetings scheduled by FWP and voice your support for wolf hunting, trapping and snaring in Montana, and
- Send in comments to the Commission regarding the proposed wolf season.
FWP wants to reduce the wolf population however; their current tentative proposal is not aggressive enough to realistically or significantly bring down wolf numbers. We need you to deliver a simple consistent message at all FWP meetings and in your written comments to the Commission stating the following:
I support the MFWP wolf season tentative proposal with the following changes:
- Delete the 425 minimum target/objective
- Include snaring for general trapping season and set season to run January 1, 2013 – March 31, 2013.
- General gun season to end March 31, 2013.
- Reduce the cost of non-resident license to $50.
- Eliminate the five-day waiting period between license purchase and start of hunt.
Public information meetings are set for 7-9 p.m. at these locations:
- May 22—Missoula—Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown at the Park
- May 22—Bozeman—Holiday Inn; 5 E Baxter Ln.
- May 22—Great Falls—FWP Region 4 Office; 4600 Giant Springs Rd.
- May 22—Billings—FWP Region 5 Office; 2300 Lake Elmo Dr.
- June 13—Kalispell—Flathead Valley Community College; 777 Grandview Dr.
To comment on line, and to find more details on the proposed changes, visit http://fwp.mt.gov/hunting/publicComments/2012_13proposedWolfHunt.html or visit FWP’s website at fwp.mt.gov. Click “Hunting.” It took me less than 2 minutes. Use your own words but be consistent in message.
PLEASE ACT TODAY!