Asian Honey Lake Trout Recipe
Are you looking for a new way to prepare the lake trout you’re catching? Well, look here, and let us know what you think:
- 8 oz crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped onion-I used yellow but next time I’ll try green
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. hoisin sauce-go to the Oriental section of your grocery
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 2 Tbs. white wine or apple juice
- 2 teaspoons grated & peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 jalapeno chilies, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 lake trout fillets
Mix all ingredients except fish stir well. Set aside.
Place fish in a baking dish and pour sauce over the fillets.
Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Serve over hot steamed rice.
Freezes well for left over’s.
(Recipe via: wildlife.state.co.us; Cover photo: snowyinn.com)