If you are looking for some outdoor activities this fall, consider one of Montana’s corn mazes. It is a great way to get outside and enjoy autumn weather! Montana is home to quite a few spectacular mazes here are the top seven:
1. Sterling Cattle Corn Maze -Vaghn, MT – The maze is carved into six-foot tall stalks of corn, there are endless possibilities around every corner, including dead-ended paths! Other activities will include hay mazes, hay mountain slides, and hay jumps, pumpkin patch, haunted maze after dark, rubber duck races and grain and cow train. For directions call: 406.965.3581, or go to http://www.sterlingcattlecompany.com.
2. Maize at Grandpa’s Farm – Billings, MT – Outdoor venue featuring Agri-tainment. This corn maze challenges and thrills those seeking to find the only exits from the twists and turns as visitors stumble onto the correct pathways to exit the maze. Other agri-tainment includes pumpkin patch, field of screams, hay mountain, cornball hayride, cow train, pig races, apocalyptic paintball, ball zone, duck races, pedal darts and Kettle Corn. Call 406-247-9998 or click here for more information.
photo courtesy Fritz maze
3. Fritz Corn Maze – Kalispell, MT – Each year a new maze is cut into field corn that can grow well over a persons head. There is a Scavenger Hunt in the Corn Maze that will challenge anyone. Culvert Slides have been a big hit at the corn maze! Anyone including adults can go down these slides. There are other activities as well including a cow train, a hay maze, and bean bag toss. For more information call: 406-755-4210 or go to: http://fritzcornmaze.weebly.com
2013 Aerial Photo – Courtesy of Notarius Photography
4. Bozeman Maze – Bozeman, MT – This maze isn’t make from a corn field but is just as challenging. Admission of $7 includes big Maze & many courtyard activities (Color Sequence Maze, 2nd puzzle maze, Photo Area, Straw House, Corn Bin) Discount of $1.00/person for groups of 10 or more. Children 4 years old and under are free with adult. Call 406-388-7818, or go to www.bozemanmaze.com
photo courtesy: Montana Maze
5. Montana Corn Maze – Manhattan, MT – This year’s maze is MSU Bobcat football theme! There is much more to enjoy on the farm than just the maze. You can enjoy the panaramic views of the Gallatin Valley while on the hayride to the maze, the farm animals including miniatures, historic buildings, tipi, corn hole, miniature golf holes, and a pumpkin patch! Call: (406) 922-1643 or visit www.montanacornmaze.com
6. Missoula Maze – Missoula, MT – For the 5th annual MissoulaMaze they have incorporated the most challenging aspects of previous mazes into one very baffling and bewildering Wild West adventure. They claim it is their best maze yet! Call: (406) 529-8324 or visit www.missoulamaze.com
photo from www.fieldofscreams.com
7.Field of Screams – Victor, MT – This corn maze does what it is named for, make you scream. Actors dressed as zombies and ghouls are hiding throughout the maze waiting to jump out and give you a scare. The haunted maze opens at dusk, when it is dark enough to add a frightening challenge to the maze. They also have children’s activities without the scary stuff during the day. For more information visit: www.fieldofscreams.com or call (406)-642-6426.