142 teams took off this morning at 6 AM to compete in the final day of the Canyon Ferry Walleye Festival.
Faced with very windy conditions, they were competing for the $10,000 first-place prize.
- FIRST PLACE went to Kirk Flynn and Sean Dolan of Townsend with 36.06 pounds.
- SECOND PLACE – Ron White of Clancy and Jeff Ingram of Helena with 32.44 pounds. They were awarded $5000
- THIRD PLACE went to Kyle Sando of Belgrade and the Delon Dyke of Baker with 29.39 pounds
- FOURTH PLACE went to Steve Thomas and Ray Cole of Great Falls with 28.31 pounds
- FIFTH PLACE went to Tim Marsh from East Helena and Leonard Roberts from Roberts Bait and tackle of Great Falls with 27.34 pounds
The largest Walleye of the Canyon Ferry Walleye Festival was caught by Andy Rose of Billings–its length was 32.25 inches, weighing just around 13 pounds!!
Leonard Roberts of Great Falls when he caught this Walleye the first day of the 2014 Canyon Ferry Walleye festival