This is a reminder of just how serious avalanches are and how important it is to take safety precautions before you head out snowmobiling.
Here are just a few tips:
- Always tell somebody where you are.
- Do not ride alone.
- Wear an avalanche beacon.
- Bring a shovel.
- Always have a two-way radio available and charged.
- Wear an avalanche airbag.
- Look at avalanche danger and warnings before going out.
Snowmobiling is awesome, but do not take snowmobiling safety lightly. It’s better to have too much safety gear than not enough.
Here’s the news clip from 2018: