Fish and Wildlife Commission to meet in Helena, Wednesday, July 13
The Montana Fish and Wildlife Commission will cover a broad range of topics at their July 13 meeting, including potential agreement on Yellowstone Grizzly Bear management, Montana’s 2015-16 wolf hunting and trapping season, seasonal closure of a fishing access near Great Falls and final approval of upland game bird quotas and limits.
The meeting will be at Montana WILD in Helena starting at 8:30 a.m. and is slated to go until mid afternoon. People who are unable to attend the meeting in Helena, can participate via video conference at any FWP regional office or listen in online at fwp.mt.gov.
The Commission is scheduled to take final action on the following items:
· Re-Instate Seasonal Closure of White Bear Fishing Access Site
· Clark Fork River Floodplain Closure Rule
· 2016/2017 Wolf Hunting Seasons, Quotas, HD Boundaries, and SB200 Quota
· 2016/2017 Furbearer Seasons and 2016 Quotas
· 2016/2017 Fisher Season and Quotas
· Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem Grizzly Bear Tri-State Memorandum of Agreement
· Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem Grizzly Bear Hunting Regulation Structure
· 2016 Mule Deer Quotas Outside Biennial Quota Ranges
· Nongame Check-off Workplan
· 2016 Upland Game Bird Quotas and Limits
· 2016 HB 454 Hunting Access Agreements
· Veebaray Upland Game Bird Enhancement Program Grazing System (Region 7)
· North Shore Wildlife Management Area Farming Lease (Region 1)
The Commission will consider endorsing a proposal to accept a property donation around Harrison Lake Fishing Access Site and listen to an information presentation on elk shoulder seasons.
FWP ensures its meetings are fully accessible to those with special needs. To request arrangements call FWP at 406-444-3186.
For the full agenda and background on the scheduled topics, go to the FWP website at fwp.mt.gov; under “Quick Links” click “Commission.”
FWP’s website offers live streamed audio of each F&W commission meeting. The public can also view a live television feed of the meeting at FWP regional offices.
Montana WILD is located in Helena at 2668 Broadwater Ave., next to Spring Meadow Lake State Park off Highway 12 West.