Fish and Wildlife Commission to hold open house, meeting in Forsyth, Oct. 12, 13
The Montana Fish and Wildlife Commission will be in Forsyth for their regular October meeting and an open house.
On the evening of Oct. 12, the commission will hold an open house at the Forsyth Golf and Country Club, 47 Smith Creek Road. The open house with allow the public to informally visit with commissioners and other FWP staff.
The regular commission meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. Oct. 13 at the Haugo Center, 483 East Rosebud Street in Forsyth.
The commission will make final decisions on the proposed 2017 elk brucellosis work plan, a donation of land for the Canyon Creek Wildlife Management Area and two fishing access site lease agreements.
Additionally, the commission will be asked for their endorsement of a variety of conservation easements, land donations and proposed rules.
Though the meeting will be held in Forsyth, public comment will still be taken via audio feeds from the FWP headquarters in Helena, the regional headquarter offices around the state, or in person in Forsyth. No live streaming video will be available from this meeting.
On the agenda for final commission decisions are the following:
- Canyon Creek WMA Specimen Creek donation
- Trumbull Creek Conservation Easement
- Brucellosis proposed 2017 annual work plan
- Harrison Lake Fishing Access Site property donation
- Round Up and Three Stall Fishing Access Site lease agreements
- 2017 Fishing Regulations
On the agenda for commission endorsement are the following:
- Swift Lazy Conservation Easement
- Millage Conservation Easement
- Coal Creek Conservation Easement
- Grassland Conservation Leases
- Pine Grove Pond land donation
Rules proposed to the commission are:
- Renew biennial commercial use permit fee rule
- Avista Cooperative Management Area Biennial Rule
- Renew biennial fishing access site rule
FWP ensures its meetings are fully accessible to those with special needs. To request arrangements call FWP at 406-444-3186.
For the full agenda and background on the scheduled topics, go to the FWP website at fwp.mt.gov; under “Quick Links” click “Commission.”