Fort Peck Marina shared this post on social media at 9:43PM on Thursday, July 13, 2023:
Well we had a little scare tonight but thanks to all of our hard working and fast acting employees that mitigated the situation before it was out of control. We had a fire start by what appeared to potentially be by someone setting a cigarette or cigar on the window sill outside of the tackle store and forgot about it and lit the frame of the window on fire. This is a good reminder that if you are going into a business please put them out and not set them on the window. I seriously can’t thank our employees enough and all the people that showed up to help. Landon Holte, Don Pyrah, Dillon Koski, Dave Olson, Burger, Chris and Katie Nosler, Briah Garfield, Daley Aune, Becky Kabe and Zander Pugh.
(post via Fort Peck Marina)