What You Need:
- Two to three pounds of big game bottom roast-cut into small one to two inch pieces
- Five stalks celery-sliced
- Five large carrots – cut into diagonal slices
- One very large onion – quartered
- One 28 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- On 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- One tablespoon black pepper
- Eight cups beef broth
- One cup uncooked barley
What You Do:
Take all the above ingredients except for the barley and put in large stock pot and simmer on a slow boil for two hours or until meat is tender.If you need to add more broth, do so.
Now add the barley and cook until done. Is this easy or what? Serve with warmed sour dough bread and enjoy the cold evenings with a hot bowl of Big Game Soup.